Monday, May 25, 2009

Off to Ireland

In about an hour, I will be heading to the airport to leave on my 9 day trip to Ireland. What excitement! I spent most of yesterday evening packing, though I had done a good bit of packing all throughout the week. I was able to get everything in one bag (which is all I am allowed to take), and I am hoping it does not exceed the 50 lb. limit. My carry-on bag/purse consists of 2 books, my little Bible , my journal, a pen, some necessary toiletries (in case my luggage is lost), a change of clothes, a neck pillow, a jacket, my iPod, money, and my camera. I know I'll take plenty of pictures!

I plan to journal the events of each day, and then blog each of those journal entries in 9 consecutive posts when I return (rather than try to fit everything into one gigantic post). Please pray for safe travels for all in our group, as many of us are arriving in Dublin from different parts of the U.S. To my family and friends...I will miss all of you and will be so glad to see you when I come home!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You're coming for 9 days...if your bag is over the weight limit, you have severely overpacked! Need I remind you that I have been here an entire semester and needed only one (checked) bag!

Annette said...

YAY! I hope you all are having a wonderful and safe journey! I cannot wait to hear all about it and see your pics!! :)

Unknown said...

Ireland? Oh, how lovely! I hope that God will bless your time there! Can't wait to read the journal entries and see the pictures!