Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Resting Place

My sweet husband has been encouraging me to blog again. I seem to be out of things to write about (even though there is much going on in our lives at present). So, since I am unable to come up with words of my own, I am going to borrow the words of a beautiful hymn written by Eliza E. Hewitt. They have been a comfort to me these past few days.


My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device or creed:
I trust the Ever-living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

(Refrain)
I need no other argument,
I need no other plea;
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

Enough for me that Jesus saves,
This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
He'll never cast me out.

My heart is leaning on the Word,
The written Word of God:
Salvation by my Savior's name,
Salvation through His blood.

-Eliza E. Hewitt

1 comment:

Tom Gabbard said...

Without Him, how lost I would be!