Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pray for China







I received an e-mail update today from ChinaAid which said that these prayer bands have been declared illegal in China. The prayer bands were sold during the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing as a reminder to Christians to pray for China's Christians and also for those who are not. Now, Christians in China are being arrested and even evicted from their homes just for wearing these wrist bands. It's hard for me to imagine living in such a country. I was thinking this morning of how in America I have the freedom to go out into the middle of the street, lift my hands to heaven, and shout the praises of Christ at the top of my voice. Chinese Christians can't even wear these simple wrist bands. These saints of God truly know what it is to suffer for the sake of Christ. The least I can do is get on my knees for them. May God give me a burden to do so.

No comments: