Friday, October 10, 2008

A Day With the Girls

Yesterday, Mom, Jessie and I did something that we rarely get to do....we had a girls day out! Dad and Ross are camping this weekend with some friends, so we decided we were going to take advantage of this opportunity to have "girl time".

First, we visited the famous Pancake Pantry, where I had a most scrumptious plate of French Toast (the best I have ever had!), a side of hashbrowns, and, of course, coffee!

Then, we drove over to this amazing used bookstore called Elder's Books (No, I don't think I am related to the owners, even though the last name is similar). I bought quite a few great books with some birthday money I had been saving, my favorites being a 1935 edition of Anne's House of Dreams (from the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery), and one of my all time favorite books, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (I think this one is a 1960s edition, not super old, but the cover is pretty). We probably spent about an hour and a half in that bookstore, and I know there are shelves that I didn't even look at!

Next, we headed over to the Farmer's Market, where we selected a couple of really nice pumpkins and a gourd. I also bought 8 very miniature pumpkins to give to my music students at CHET.

After that, we went to see Fireproof at the cinema. I thought that this was a great movie! It's so refreshing to see a truly Christian movie. My favorite line in the movie was something like this: "You can't follow your heart, because your heart can be deceived. Instead you gotta lead your heart." Wow! You will probably never hear that in Hollywood! If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend it. I cried at the end :-)

Hobby Lobby was our next stop. Their scrap booking supplies were 50% off, so we took advantage of that and bought some paper, stickers, etc. When we were finished there, it was about 8:00 pm, so we decided to call it a day and go home.

I am so thankful for this blessing of getting to spend an entire day with my mother and sister, two of my best friends in the whole world!

3 comments:

Scott Family said...

What a fun day!
Lily :o)

Anonymous said...

Your my best friend too! I had fun sneezing through a sea of old books with you! We should do that more often.;)

Annette said...

Aww, that sounds like an awesome day! That's great you gals took the time to do all of that together! I can't wait to see Fireproof! I hope it comes here soon! :)