Friday, October 3, 2008

Seventy-Six Trombones Led the Big Parade...



Last night, our family attended a stage production of The Music Man in Smyrna. It was wonderful! The play was put on by a church there in Smyrna that has a theatre group called Lamplighters. I had never seen the movie version of The Music Man (I know that a handful of you reading this may literally be shocked at this confession!), so I really had no idea what the play is about. Anyway, I loved it. The acting was excellent, the music outstanding, and the choreography delightful, not to mention how funny it was! A lot of the songs were very familiar to me, I just never knew that they were from this play. We have been to one other production there, Little Women, which was not a musical, but was still a fabulous play. In December, they are doing It's A Wonderful Life, and then in February they are doing Pride and Prejudice (a personal favorite book and movie!). It's such a blessing to live in a city where there are so many opportunities to be exposed to the arts!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Wow, that is amazing! How did you get through two years in my choir class and not see that musical?! I thought that was what all my classes watched when I was gone. Oh, I'm such a failure! ;) It is an awesome musical, one of my favorites. I do miss having the opportunity to experience the arts live. I'm glad you get to do that!